Company culture, by definition, is the "personality" of the company. It constitutes a variety of factors that include work environment, company mission, value, expectations, and goals.
Building a company from scratch might get easier along the way, but for the company to thrive, the culture that exists at the company is a determining factor. Living in times where the employees in the company act as individuals and work only to satisfy their own needs, a company culture is what would bring them together and increase the company's growth.
Why is a company culture so important?
1. Increases productivity and quality of services rendered to customers.
2. Talent Retention In a company that treats its employees with high regard when ends are met before deadlines, employees develop a positive attitude towards the company. When they do, they stay loyal to the company and hence reduces human resource costs which the company might face otherwise.
3. Flexibility at work: When the company's culture offers flexibility to its employees where they are able to manage and work in challenging situations, they are more likely to stay with the company and contribute to its improvement.
4. Boost Morale: We live in a competitive world. When a company's culture is really good, it creates a feeling of belonging among the employees who will most likely recommend the company to other potential employees.
Now that we have a few ways for you to understand why a culture in a company plays a major role in its run, let us crack a few ways to how one can build a winning culture!
1. Inculcate the company's values and visions among the employees.
2. Adopt transparency.
3. Establish flexible working hours.
4. Treat "Culture" as the most critical part of the company.
5. Reinforce the importance of saying "Thank You" from time to time.
Picture - Team @ Day and Nite Plumbing & Heating